Moved Clipboard drawing over now i cannot edit it...

ajvieni

hey all i have a pdf that a client sent me and i added it to my clipboard and got it to open in ACAD the only thing is i cannot any of the aspects of the drawing like, there are pictures in the drawing from the pdf that i would like to get rid of and add my own stuff how do i do this? or can i not? thanks

so you pasted a pdf into acad? you will not be able to do anything with it except maybe trace over it. What exactly are you wanting to do?

well, you could explode that sucker. it won't be a block anymore, but then you should be able to delete lines, pix, etc. choose the Block-- that's the whole graphic since you imported a pdf-- & type EXPLODE into the command line...Then, if you need it to be a block again, you can export it as a dwg. hope that helps...

there is software which can turn a pdf into some form of AutoCAD drawing, but it won't reinstate it's layers etc

If the PDF was created with Autocad than yes it can be converted. But if its just a scanned pdf of a hard copy of drawings than you cannot convert it.