Batch Find & Replace Text

Lee Mac

Greetings to all forum (read especially for Lee Mac)

I'm having a little problem with this program lisp. Maybe someone knows the solution. I have a 100 dwg files and run the program on them without problem. Bfind works correctly and shows me correct excel report. However, after this I have to convert dwg files to PDF 100. For this I use the "Any DWG to PDF" I've always worked well. "Any DWG to PDF" works every file but the result is all-white PDFs!. Nothing is displayed. I have tried changing all the program options but the result is always the same.

The point is that if I run the program in the starting 100 files into PDF without problems.

But obviously without the words replaced.

Can anyone help me?.

Thanks

Hi lupita,

Note from the program code header that saving drawings using ObjectDBX (as used by this program) will cause the drawing thumbnail to be temporarily lost until the next manual save. I can only guess that the 'Any DWG to PDF' program uses the drawing thumbnail to create the PDF...

Lee

• 1 month later...

@Lee Mac

while I load the lisp, and type "bfind", a dialog appear: "dialog definition file could not be written".

In the command window: :

CVVC stop writing to:

C:\Documents and Settings\Lanka\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD

2007\R17.0\enu\Support\LMAC_BFind_V2-0.cfg

--------------------

CVVC stop writing to:

2007\R17.0\enu\Support\LMAC_BFind_V2-0.dcl"

I use Windown XP. Please tell me how to fix the error.

Thankyou verymuch!

@Lee Mac

while I load the lisp, and type "bfind", a dialog appear: "dialog definition file could not be written".

In the command window: :

CVVC stop writing to:

2007\R17.0\enu\Support\LMAC_BFind_V2-0.cfg

Since the BFind program automatically writes the DCL file and Config file to the support path, you will need to ensure that you have write permission for the directory as noted in your post:

C:\Documents and Settings\Lanka\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2007\R17.0\enu\Support

If this is not possible you can alternatively change the directory to which the files are to be written by changing line 1469:

(setq SavePath (_GetSavePath))

to:

(setq SavePath "C:\\Your Folder")

Note that you must use double-backslashes to separate folders and there must be no trailing backslash.

I've been using this tool for months and love it but I also have a question about the selection. I saw that it has been asked a few times but I'm not sure if there was ever a clear answer. I have the drawing number in the same corner in every drawing, I want to change the last 2 characters from -0 to -1 but I have dozens of pieces of text with -0 in it. So my question is... is it possible to add a predetermined window for it to search? Or maybe a simple work around?

Is it possible to add a predetermined window for it to search? Or maybe a simple work around?

No, this is not possible with the current version of the program.

Hi,

Lee would it be possible to call upon your code in a other lisp routine to find and replace content within text that is predetermend by dialog box?

I would like to speed up my employees with easier and faster code.

If it is possible what would be to command/order i would have to put in my variables/entries/string.

For example to make a new style you can easly use the command : (command "-style" "isocp2_13" "isocp2.SHX" 1.3 1 "" "N" "N" )

thats what i mean with order of code and how many "" and what text would need to be where and how many "". if you get what i mean.

Thanks in advance :)

I've been using this tool for months and love it but I also have a question about the selection. I saw that it has been asked a few times but I'm not sure if there was ever a clear answer. I have the drawing number in the same corner in every drawing, I want to change the last 2 characters from -0 to -1 but I have dozens of pieces of text with -0 in it. So my question is... is it possible to add a predetermined window for it to search? Or maybe a simple work around?

In an effort to offer an option using built-in functionality... Consider using a FIELD to display your drawing number, which references the Sheet Number Property in Sheet Set Manager (SSM). In this case, you can renumber your sheets via SSM, and never need to open the drawings themselves (for this task).

Field expression (CurrentSheetNumber, Uppercase):

%<\AcSm Sheet.Number \f "%tc1">%

HTH

Lee would it be possible to call upon your code in a other lisp routine to find and replace content within text that is predetermend by dialog box?

This is unfortunately not possible with the current version of the program as I have not as yet written a command-line version of the program to enable users to bypass the program dialog.

In an effort to offer an option using built-in functionality... Consider using a FIELD to display your drawing number, which references the Sheet Number Property in Sheet Set Manager (SSM). In this case, you can renumber your sheets via SSM, and never need to open the drawings themselves (for this task).

Field expression (CurrentSheetNumber, Uppercase):

%<\AcSm Sheet.Number \f "%tc1">%

HTH

I've never used the sheet set manager and I'm not working for that client right now so I can't spend much time fiddling with it. However, I'm not sure how well that will work. The drawing numbers are single line next and the dash at the end is the revision number which is different from the .dwg file name. The drawing number in the corner might be 1234567-4 but the file is 1234567.dwg. Also, all of their drawings are in model space and they may be hesitant to use something fancy like that. I'll mess around with it when I get a chance, I've done some stuff with fields based off the drawing properties. Thanks for the tip.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Lee,

Great lisp and thanks for your kind, first time i tried this lisp was great and yesterday i had problems with my drawing after i find and replace with V2.0 Version. The last sequences that i replace was repeated againt (please see attahment drawing), i dont understand wky this happen, please advice. for information i used autocad 2008.

Thanks you,

Regards,

esputro

test1-find.dwg

test1.jpg

test2.jpg

Hi lee,

thanks for prompt reply, sorry i had mistakes with my sequences number, it solved with your great lisp. Thanks again for your lisp.

rgds,