drawing objects in 3d

hanz007

When drawing objects into a 3d picture. Is there a way to have the object always have the same orientation as the view in the viewport?

I might be too vague here. I'm drawing a circle into a tube viewed

SE ISO. But the circle always shows up vertical. Even when I draw it in the top view.

2000i?

You'll have to use the UCS command. Sound familiar?

This is what you would see and type to rotate the UCS such that you could draw the face of a building.

Command: ucs

Current ucs name: *WORLD*

Specify origin of UCS or [Face/NAmed/OBject/Previous/View/World/X/Y/Z/ZAxis]

: X

Specify rotation angle about X axis : accept the default

You might want to consult your AutoCAD Help files. Press the F1 function key. On the Index tab type in the keyword UCS to search on it.

Do you have a copy of the User's Guide for 2000i?

Oh yeah, now I've graduated from being a big help to a huge help. Next I'll be an enormous help. Where does it end? Super-sized help?

You're entirely welcomed. Thinking back to how things were done in 2000i can be a bit of a mind bender.

Oh yeah, now I've graduated from being a big help to a huge help. Next I'll be an enormous help. Where does it end? Super-sized help?

It probably ends when they don't make hats big enough.. and then it'll be: "WOW! you've been somewhat beneficial!" for awhile.. just to ensure that you are not left utterly hatless. :wink: