Advice - Arch Bridge

ravengreg

Hi

Looking for advice on a drawing im producing as part of a project for uni.

Basically it is frustratingly slow on both my personal laptop (to be expected its 4 years old! amd sempron 3200+, 2gb ram, geforce 6100)

but also it runs just as slow on my universitys computers which are xeon E5335 (i think), 2gb ram, and ati graphics (quite a high rated one from what i remember, sorry not at uni at the mo) so again frustrating trying to work on it!

question being is it a problem with the drawing? if so what could i do to improve it?

if not would buying a new system such as core i5, 4gb ram, gt 330m. (gotta be a laptop due to space constraints atm. and reasonable priced too! approx £700 - £800) enhance the performance of the drawing so that its bearable to work with? or would this still not be able to do it?

links to both dwg and jpg of drawing below. (hxxp = http)

hxxp://img691.imageshack.us/img691/4995/bridge2t.jpg

hxxp://www.filedropper.com/bridge12010b

cheers greg

The bridge looks doable to me. How were you going to approach it?

A new laptop should be built around Win7 64-bit with a minimum of 4GB RAM. A dedicated graphics card is better than an integrated one but if your budget won't allow it then I would recommend maybe bumping up the RAM to 8GB as the integrated graphics chip will steal resources when it is pushed past its limits.

Cool thanks for the info, didnt realise ram was more an issue.

Well thats the drawing i've done. Basically i've made it more responsive by changing the swept circular arch, into a square section now and is more bearable to work with lol

Thanks anyway

Greg

I am not a bridge designer, however, it does not look like that bridge would hold it's own weight...

Looks like you need to beef up the arch a little...

Just a thought.

KC