Is there an automatic fill command in MEP

cad_services

Im cadduct there is a command which will let you select 2 objects then it will give you a number of different routing options automatically that you can cycle through and pick the best suited for your situation.

Is there a similar command in autocad MEP?

Thanks guys

Im cadduct there is a command which will let you select 2 objects then it will give you a number of different routing options automatically that you can cycle through and pick the best suited for your situation.

Is there a similar command in autocad MEP?

Thanks guys

Right click on one piece of duct and use the "Add Selected" option.

Thanks for that it worked : ) but I am looking to join two pieces of ductwork.

One piece is 800x300mm and the other is 600x300mm and there is a 50mm offset in the vertical, I would like to use a transition piece which offsets, like a tapered offset. How is the best way to do this?

Also are there any access doors in MEP, like an access to on the bottom of a duct for access to a fire damper.

Thanks very much for the help

Thanks for the help, I really like the software very quick and easy and displays very well but am struggling with the stock catalogues as the CADDuct software our company is used to has so many calalogue items, Do you know of any websites that have extra catalogue pieces for download, either for free or for purchase.

Such as valves and specific manufacturer ductwork

Thanks again

Thanks,

One more question for today, when i draw pipes at less than 50mm they are not drawn in 3D, or 2 line how can i change it so they are drawing in 3D like the larger sizes

Thanks,

One more question for today, when i draw pipes at less than 50mm they are not drawn in 3D, or 2 line how can i change it so they are drawing in 3D like the larger sizes

Is it duct or pipe? There's a difference in AutoCAD MEP. Duct always displays 2-line but pipe will display as single line. If it's pipe and not duct, then just check your Display Representations and make the adjustments there for how it will display.

It is pipework, basically im just going through the software today to find any issues before starting any projects. Just filttering out any issues we might come across.

I am talking about pipework, I like the way that mep design shows the items but pipework less than 50mm doesnt show in 2 line, the only style that shows smaller pipes in 2 line is MEP Basic 2-Line, but that doesnt show any center lines, do you have any suggestions?

It is pipework, basically im just going through the software today to find any issues before starting any projects. Just filttering out any issues we might come across.
Ha... :lol: oh trust me.... issues never go away in AutoCAD MEP so don't hold your breath.

I am talking about pipework, I like the way that mep design shows the items but pipework less than 50mm doesnt show in 2 line, the only style that shows smaller pipes in 2 line is MEP Basic 2-Line, but that doesnt show any center lines, do you have any suggestions?
You will have to get familiar with the Display Manager and preset the parameters of each object so that it will reflect in the Display Representation while drawing in Plan View. For now, the best thing to do would be to right-click on the object, go to "Edit Pipe Style" or "Edit Object Style" and create an override. This is where you can control the visibility of single line or double line, centerline or no centerline, hidden lines or no hidden lines, etc. There's good info about the Display Manager in the AutoCAD MEP Help file, and it will take some getting used to trust me. Hope this helps.

Sorry for the poor quality jpeg,

Basically the larger pipe is 50mm and the smaller is 32mm I want to display the smaller pipe like the 50mm branch i have showed below, i really cant work it out, any tips would be grately appreciated

Screenshot.jpg

I read in another forum that you were posting in someone was after some example drawings

"do you have any drawings you have done with lots of vent and heating pipework etc.. that you could send me so i could have a look at it and show some of the people here what we could be achiving"

Would you be able to send a drawing over to me that contains pipework, ductwork and electrical containment?

Thanks

I read in another forum that you were posting in someone was after some example drawings

"do you have any drawings you have done with lots of vent and heating pipework etc.. that you could send me so i could have a look at it and show some of the people here what we could be achiving"

Would you be able to send a drawing over to me that contains pipework, ductwork and electrical containment?

Thanks

Sure, what's your email?

Email sent. I haven't had a chance to test post #13, sorry.

Email is 8MB, if it bounces back to me or you don't get it I'll split the files up.