Upgraded LayIso

Lee Mac

Hey Lee, I really like this, however I have one request. How hard would it be to change it so that after you select an object it allows you to select an additional object so that multiple layers can be isolated?

Hey Lee, I really like this, however I have one request. How hard would it be to change it so that after you select an object it allows you to select an additional object so that multiple layers can be isolated?

Oh..... that would actually be really nice.

I was thinking it would act how it does now, until you click an object. Once this is done, everything on that layer is highlighted, but everything else stays visible. Then when you hover another object on a different layer, just the objects on those two layers are visible until you click on the 2nd object, which would cause everything on the two layers to be highlighted while everything is still visible. And this would continue until the user enteres an exit command, maybe just hitting enter.

Not sure if this make sense...

Nah, I'm a mathematician...

"Do you want to see the exponential growth of my natural log?"

:lol: :lol:

LMAO! i needed a good laugh this morning, great lisp too. :D

"By looking at you I can tell you're 36-25-36, which by the way are all perfect squares."

"You must've been made by Intel to be that hot!"

You updated the code in the first post of this thread, right? Because when I run it, it still only allows me to select one object.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lee,

Your LISP is much better than using the command "layiso" but what about layers of Xrefs in a drawing that has some attached Xrefs? Can you please upgrade the LISP so that User can isolate any layer of Xrefs. Thank you.

I'm glad you like the program Phiphi,

However, with the current method of object detection and layer isolation, subentity layers are not detected, and hence only the layer on which the xref resides may be isolated (as per the layiso command).

Thank Lee,

Can you please create a new code for isolating Xref's layers in a drawing that has some attached Xrefs. Many thanks. PP.

• 3 weeks later...

I have one more request for the multiple layer version one... Is it possible to add the option to type "l" for the prompt and have it select the last created entity, kinda like how "stock" AutoCAD commands work?

Hi Lee,

His routine for one layer show this message in CAD2002:

Command: AP

APPLOAD HL.lsp successfully loaded.

Command:

Command: HL

Move Cursor Over Objects, Click to Isolate Layer...Unknown command "LAYISO".

Press F1 for help.

Unknown command "HL". Press F1 for help.

Hi Lee,

His routine for one layer show this message in CAD2002:

Command: AP

APPLOAD HL.lsp successfully loaded.

Command:

Command: HL

Move Cursor Over Objects, Click to Isolate Layer...Unknown command "LAYISO".

Press F1 for help.

Unknown command "HL". Press F1 for help.

I'm not 100% sure, but more than likely the LAYISO command is not avaliable in AutoCAD 2002, which is why its unknown. I don't have 2002 tho, so I can't verify