Need Immediate Help with Access / AutoCAD Link

Gariaan

Hi everyone. I am in dire need of a little help. One of my eastern offices uses a program to input inspection data (Access). They want to be able to link that information into AutoCAD so that a preliminary drawing is "automatically" drawn via AutoSketch (2.1). Basically, they would like to input a tank height, diameter, number of courses, etc then click the button and have AutoCAD open and prepare the drawing. Right now, they have it set up so that the head and / or roof can be drawn but not the shell. No one has any idea who set it up to begin with so going back to the source is out of the question. I am versed in AutoCAD but not in Access and have no programming experience.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!!

all I can say is that it is not a trivial task. I have tried to link AuotCAD to access in the past with limited success.

Hoever you can export from Access into excel quite easily and if you have a serch here there are plenty of threads concerning excel data into a drawing. Its not a route I have taken so this is the limit of my knowledge. I would think at some time you will need somebody with programming experience.

Thanks for the response. Right now, they are making it work with just Access and AutoSketch. I do not think it would be beneficial to ask them to add another step in their reporting process.

Open that access program Gariaan, if you can work with AC you can handle Access no problem. 90% of access is very quickly accessible for most folks....

Well, I am glad that you think its easy....lol. I have zero programming skills and have no idea where to start, even with Access open. I really need to find someone who understands what I am trying to do and can give me step by step instructions.....I am such a noob sometimes.