Drawing a Center Point

Oxygen454

I searched the net and came up empty.

When I type ddptype, the center point options box pops up. I pick my center point (circle with a t through it), then I type point and click on the page. The result is a little dot on the page. Am I doing something wrong?

I need to put a center point where a hole is going in a steel plate.

Oxy

yes I agree or you can type ddptype, but my question is how do I get that point on my page? If I type point and click on the screen, all I get is a little dot on the screen and not a center point mark as I picked in the box.

Thats okay. Yeah I just found the center mark on the tool bar but it apparently only works in radius's and circles. Also doesn't put the center point style I picked out in the point properties.

Can these points not be used with a command or in the tools menu?

Yes, but you have to set it up. The first point shape in the dialogue box will not show up as anything but a dot, no matter what size you set. :(

So you highlight the point style you want, then set a size. If you choose absolute size, then the point will fit in a circle of radius the size.

When you send your drawing to somewhere else, the recipient must have the same point style set-up otherwise they can't see your point. Hence the advice to put something else other than a point to mark the centre of a hole. Point styles are global in a drawing, so you can't have different sized points. Line thickness does not have any effect on the plotting of points.

To place a point, I type PO at the command line, or you can pick the Point from the Draw menu.

When you send your drawing to somewhere else, the recipient must have the same point style set-up otherwise they can't see your point. Hence the advice to put something else other than a point to mark the centre of a hole. Point styles are global in a drawing, so you can't have different sized points.

That is why I suggested this before.

you can create a block of the point type you need & insert it where you want to show hole on steel plate

Thanks Eldon for detail explanation.:)

thanks for your help guys. I don't send my drawings to anyone else so Im not too worried about being compatible with my settings. I just thought that there points were well done and would look good and work well on my drawings. I ended up drawing a small cross on the middle point which worked out quite well in the end. Thanks again. Oxy