PDF will not plot

Ells

I cannot plot a PDF to our HP1050c plotter. Others on the network can and I can plot PDFs to other printers so the problem seems to be on my machine only. Our drivers are located on the network. Does anyone have an idea why I cannot plot PDFs?

Are you getting any kind of error messages?

Do you run the plot log and error report? It should tell you whats wrong.

Make sure the printer in the AutoCAD page set up manager is actually the one you want to print to. In my last office, there were about a dozen 'installs' of the same printer with invalid paths on my workstation when I first got there.

If you have several people there on a net, there must be some sort of tech support that you can use.

The problem is not in AutoCAD. I can make a PDF from AutoCAD but in my Adobe Reader I cannot plot a PDF. I do not get any error messages. When I plot I open the plotter that I am going to and the plot shows up as "Spooling" and then just vanishes. I think it is a "handshake" problem between my computer and the printer. The following is a line from the firewall in reference to the Adobe log file:"2010-06-09 14:55:45 DROP UDP 192.168.0.16 255.255.255.255 1027 1947 68 - - - - - - - RECEIVE". I am not sure if that is worth anything since the IP of the plotter is ...51 not...16.

The problem is not in AutoCAD. I can make a PDF from AutoCAD but in my Adobe Reader I cannot plot a PDF. I do not get any error messages. When I plot I open the plotter that I am going to and the plot shows up as "Spooling" and then just vanishes. I think it is a "handshake" problem between my computer and the printer. The following is a line from the firewall in reference to the Adobe log file:"2010-06-09 14:55:45 DROP UDP 192.168.0.16 255.255.255.255 1027 1947 68 - - - - - - - RECEIVE". I am not sure if that is worth anything since the IP of the plotter is ...51 not...16.

If you are not filtered at work for downloads download cute pdf writer

If you are not filtered at work for downloads download cute pdf writer

All that does is print to a file which I could do before unless I am missing something. I need to point the pdf plot to our hp 1050c plotter.

Thanks anyway

Since the IP is wrong, check your Adobe printer selection dropdown list and verify that the printer you are sending to is actually the one you think it is.