Align drawings

timmyfitz

I'm sorry my first post is a request for help, but as I'm new to CAD I'm very unlikely to be able to assist anyone. I'm self taught on 2011LT and confident on doing most of the basics although I'm sure I'm doing things long hand.

I'm trying to put together a site drawing of my factory, from using some of the old as builts I've updated the main building. Its orientated symetrically with my screen. I'd like to lay this ontop of the total site drawing which is orientated against north (north pointing to the top of my monitor) and so the building I'm interested in is at an angle.

In short, is there away to tell AutoCAD to lay one ontop of the other and orientate it the same? (I'm sure there must be). Even a point in the right direction to allow me to search furth would be helpfull as I can't think what this would be called.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tim