Revit MEP

kwsmith

I need training in Revit MEP, from the basics to all of the complex details of the program. What is the best wat to get solid efficient training, that will allow me to properly run the program. Whether its a class or a do it myself book, I just wanna know the best way to learn. I have been learning on my own, but its just chipping away at a slow pace.

Thanks

• 8 months later...

I would suggest that the BEST way to do this would be to contact an Autodesk reseller and book yourself in for a few days training. Problem is though that the initial outlay can be quite steep. Are you self employed or staff? I have managed to persuade my company to pay for everything, just so that they can be seen to have a "Revit Guy" And I've managed to squeez a a nice new system out of them.

Also a good knowledge of all the MEP disciplines, to fully understand WHAT you're doing with your load calculations, electrical schedules, etc.

Also a good knowledge of all the MEP disciplines, to fully understand WHAT you're doing with your load calculations, electrical schedules, etc.

Yes I would completely agree with that. Luckily I work for a mechanical contractor so I'm all up in the biz. ;)

• 1 year later...

Hii everybody,

I joined the revit MEP training course, but i am getting confused because i working on "Graphical operating control system design" like HVAC, Fire project, security integrating system in building automation...... can anybody guide me how much Revit MEP is useful to my career point of view ??

Since most of the industry is using Revit more and more, I'd say from a career point of view it's a no brainer. You'll have a job for years if you're well versed in Revit.

I hope I am too, haha. ;)

Revit will definitely increase your efficiency in most areas when you are apart of production work with the building construction and building engineering trades. In other words, it's never going to hurt you but help you in your career and your daily tasks.