Angles and degrees?

DuckToaster

My teacher didn't have time to show my how to do this yesterday, so I now have designs to work on at home, but I can't finish them :(

I have a design and it looks kinda like this;

rAJgs.png

It says 60o in both corners. Could I use Chamfer or something?

Also, do you know how to do those broken lines I also drew?

Sorry had to use paint, easier to explain what I mean that way!

DuckToaster

Welcome in the forum!

Upload your images right here. If you post links, your posts will become visible only after a moderator's intervention.

Do you learn to use AutoCAD 2004?!

To draw dashed line: go to the LAyer manager and create a new layer (you can name it Dashed or so). Under the Line Type it says probable Continuous. Click that word (continuous) and it will pop up a window letting you to choose a line type. Click the Load button and choose a line type from the opened list. After setting up the layer with the desired line type, return to drawing. Objects you place on this layer will show with dashed lines.

As for the 60deg lines, there are many ways to complete the task. Here are a few:

-Draw a horizontal line and rotate it around the left end with -60deg, or rotate it around the right end with 60deg.

-Start the line command, click on the screen for the first point and for the next point enter @10

Thanks! Yeah I'm using the 2004 version

I managed to get an actual drawing of the thing I'm supposed to be doing. Still a little confused about the degrees. Should I draw the lines as if they were straight first?

Picture0820.jpg

One option to drawing lines at an angle, in AutoCAD 2004, is direct distance entry. This means the user enters the length of line and the angle it will be drawn at directly on the command line. So, for example, if I wanted to draw a line 10 units long at an angle of 45 deg I would type @10

Something you should also be aware of. AutoCAD assumes an angle of 0 deg would point to the right, 90 deg would point towards the top of your screen, 180 deg would point to the left and 270 deg would point straight down towards the bottom of your screen.

Example of Direct Distance Entry. Refer to image below.

Command: line

Specify first point:

Specify next point or [undo]: @10

Specify next point or [undo]: @5

Specify next point or [Close/Undo]: @3

Specify next point or [Close/Undo]: @6

Specify next point or [Close/Undo]: cancel

DirectDistEnt.jpg