UVW multiple mapping

nowikovs12

Hello, I am trying to apply more than one map to one geometry using UVW mapping,

card.jpg

In this I have the first image applied corectly, but I can't seam to get the bulean cuttouts in right position. I have them in right position at the bottom screenshot, I swaped from channel 1, to channel 2. But when swaping to channel 2 the channel one is in wrong position. How can I have both maps assigned corectly? I tried to add a second UVW map,.. and change the channel, same problem. Looked in 3ds mx help, but didn't quite understand the guidance, please help :unsure:

card corect.jpg

Hi Cad64, no, I will try to explain again, I have one geometry that is supose to be ceiling from leyered card, I have applied to it multisub object of three materials, one architectural self iluminating, for the sides of the ceiling to produce ice cool lighting, second is the "card" material, whitch covers the top and bottom of the ceiling, and the third material is "layered card", which are the bulian cutouts to represent layering of the card. The problem I have is when I select from modifiers list the UVW map, it will work fine

with first material, for instance when I will be ajusting the "card" material, but I also need to adjust the "layered card". How can I adjust both materials on one geometry using the UVW map, in 3ds max help it said something about channels, so I swaped between channel one and two. They are the two materials, as I can understand, but how to have them both at the same time? here is the copy from the 3ds help dialog, maybe you understand -

To use multiple UVW channels in the same object:

1. Assign Map channel 1 to an object. You can do this by either turning on Generate Mapping Coordinates in the Parameters rollout of any primitive, or by assigning a UVW Map modifier with channel 1 chosen. Generate Mapping Coordinates uses map channel 1 by default.
  2. Assign a UVW Map modifier (or a second one, if you're using the first to assign channel 1). Choose channel 2 for this modifier. Both coordinate channels are now assigned to the geometry. The next step is to assign a mapped material that uses both channels.