quick select tool

corinne

Not sure how to use this tool. I have a drawing in which all the layers are one colour and I'd like to assign a new colour to each layer.

Going to the layer properties dialog box and assigning them this way does not work because the colours were changed by layer in the properties dialog box. Short of simply isolating each layer and matching properties is there a faster way to reassign colours to my layers using the qselect tool?

I'm not sure that I understand the question. Are you saying that you have multiple layers but all the objects have their colours already set?

In QSELECT you can select what you are interested in - all, just lines, just text etc. Then choose what feature you want to select on - layer, colour etc. This list will change to reflect what you have selected. i.e. if you select text you will have style or contents in this list. And finally the operator so you can select on = (all text on layer 0), or all.

Having done that you have all the items highlighted. You can now use the properties palette to make your adjustment.

I don't know exactly how you'd want to do this but it might be easier to just select all the objects, go to properties and select color by layer so that they'll all be whatever color you have set for that layer. Setting every color individually is a rather arcane way of doing things. Just a suggestion.