Architectural Dimesions and Property Units (Length) - Do Not Agree

moz-screenshot.pngDimension Problem.jpg

I am trying to dimension some of my house plans in inches to clarify some details for a subcontractor but am having some trouble. Attached is an example of what I am having difficulty with. I am running LDD AutoCAD 2002. I set the project and drawing to draw in Ft but when I use the Architectural dimensioning to get some ft and inches they do not match the length displayed in the properties. When I dimension using Decimal it shows it correctly unitless. As you can see in the attached the line is dimensioned as 40' 0" but the properties for the line indicates it as being 480 - apparently 480". How can I make the drawing units be feet so when I dimension in Architectural this particular drawing will show 480' 0" and the properties will also display a unitless 480.

I have checked drawing settings, project settings, everything I can find to open and everything is set to Ft. I have found forum discussions about changing the scale, but that still isn't giving me a matching property length with the architectural dimension. I can of course just set a dimstyle to unitless and put the ' suffix, but I would like inches - everything has been drawn in respect to Ft.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks for everyone's time.

We're talking about the displaying of dimensions so I would assume you would enter your Dimension Style and set "Architectural" as the units not "Decimal" as you indicate.

I believe you have the UNITS set to decimal, but the DIMSTYLE set to Architectural. If you want the dimensions in inches (to match properties), then set your dimstyle to fractional.

http://www.screencast.com/t/fcBf7iO4nxn

That is close to what I am trying to do, but I think I figured it out. I have basically discovered if you draw unitless with the intention of decimal ft (123.32' - tenths) you cannot dimension with Architectural or Engineering without it thinking you are drawing in inches. So I just scaled everything up and changed my units to Engineering, now I will have to draw in inches instead of decimal ft.

I hate inches, only *!ores and carpenters work in inches... and apparently architects (no offense intended). I'm just used to tenths of a foot. Thanks very much for both of your responses.

I figured out exactly what I was trying to do. Disregard my previous post about scaling the entire drawing up. A simple way to accomplish what I wanted to see was to set the Scale Factor in the Architectural Dimstyle to 12. So I could still draw in unitless decimal feet, then dimension with the modified (scaled) Architectural to accurately display in ft and inches.

Thanks again to everyone who responded, I really do appreciate it.