VIEWRES and a fuzzy logo...

chulse

Does the VIEWRES setting affect the printed resolution or only the on-screen view?

I have a logo (dwg block, not raster) that tends to print fuzzy and not clear to PDF. I am not sure if it's just the PDF resolutin settings or something else...

Thanks

Yea, VIEWRES is strictly for on screen display, not print output.

What PDF driver are you using? Have you looked at the settings?

Do you get the same results if you go to DWF?

Clipped from the 2010 help file:

VIEWRES controls the appearance of circles, arcs, splines, and arced plines using short vectors. The greater the number of vectors, the smoother the appearance of the circle or arc. For example, if you create a very small circle and then zoom in, it might appear to be a polygon. Using VIEWRES to increase the zoom percentage and regenerate the drawing updates and smooths the circle's appearance.

This setting should not affect printed output, just on screen.

Ok, thanks - that's what I thought. I am using the built in PDF driver. It actually prints clean on paper, but the PDF views fuzzy. I'll play with the PDF resolution some.