• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shift1313

• Devilinity

• autocad_designer08

• papagyi

the computer im sitting at only has 05 on it but i was curious so i started playing with it. I wasnt able to subtract or cut anything using 05 but i did explode the mesh surface, delete a few panels where i wanted the hole and created a surface patch for the hole. The only problem is now each facet is a single object.

surfacehole-1.jpg

Shift, your knowledge and help in the forum is greatly appreciated, but can you please cut down the size of your images before posting? Just remove all the empty white space around the image. I have trimmed this one for you.

Thanks, and keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

sorry cad, im not sure why there was so much white space but ill be more careful next time ;) ill go back and edit it.

do you know of a way to cut a hole in a mesh surface with acad?

• 2 months later...

goodafternoon master phyo! i have been trying to figure out on how to predefine the surftab value for mesh but i always end up to nothing...:oops: i have tried the 3d mesh command and entered 50 for the size of mesh in N and M direction, etc etc... still i got nothing... :( would it be ok with you sir if ill ask for a specific command that i should enter in the command line to change the surftab? or a sample tutorial showing the command line image? :)

Sorry fri!

I said surftab1&2 for mesh modeling (edgesurf,revsurf,tabsurf,rulesurf)!

you means 3d mesh that can be control with surfu,surfv to smooth!

Now i will show how to make 3d mesh for basic!Then you can try yourself more!

First you need to predefine points as your favorite model to draw mesh!

Points can place any location! ...

Command: 3d enter

Enter an option

[box/Cone/......../Wedge]: m enter

specify first corner point of mesh: point 1(end point snap)

specify second corner point of mesh: point 2

specify third corner point of mesh: point 3

specify fourth corner point of mesh: point 4

Enter mesh size in the M direction : 5 enter

Enter mesh size in the N direction : 9 enter

Now you can see according attach image!:):)

untitled.jpg

1.jpg

thanks master phyo for the immediate reply!8) i have just tried it and it really worked! now, ill try to experiment on curves!:) Good day!

hello master phyo! i have already tried all the surfaces in creating mesh according to default surftabs and that of what you have shared to me yesterday... my problem now is on how to make a smooth surface using edgesurf command. according to some post here dated 2006, the surftab1 and surftab2 variables should be set to a higher value before applying edgesurf command... how? here's a picture of what im trying to point out...

SURFACEPROB.jpg

Welcome to surface user fri!

Edgesurf command is pretty cool!You must preset higher value to surftab1&

surftab2 to get smooth modeling!But don't use too much higher value,if not

necessary!It can be heavy to drawing & use big memory amount!

Eg. for your attach image (surftab1&2 -16x16 or 24x24)

type "surftab1" enter "24" enter

type "surftab2" enter "24" enter!

hello master phyo! i have already tried all the surfaces in creating mesh according to default surftabs and that of what you have shared to me yesterday... my problem now is on how to make a smooth surface using edgesurf command. according to some post here dated 2006, the surftab1 and surftab2 variables should be set to a higher value before applying edgesurf command... how? here's a picture of what im trying to point out...

[ATTACH]8748[/ATTACH]

your default value for surftab is 6. if you look at your surface you will see a 6x6 grid. setting the number higher correlates to the number of "grids" in a certain direction. For surfaces they are usually refered to as M and N direction or in the case of edge surf and a few others, surftab1 and 2. set it to 20 or 30 each and see if your shape is close enough. because of your splines, im affraid you will need this set pretty high to retain that small arc. my guess is close to 100 will be a good fit.

How do i lose the mesh boxes in the render image? do i use surftab1 & 2 and surfu & v?

how do you create that kind of surface?

step by step.

i would realy be happy if you could spend a little of your time in this

question of mine.

thanks in advance.

Surftab 1 & 2 for 3d surfaces (you can do with tabsurf,rulesurf,revolvesurf and edgesurf).SurfU & V for 3dmesh by point to point method.After create 3dmesh,you can edit with "pedit" command.

hi big bro.....

sorry im here to ask something. heheheheheh:)

big bro how do i can create a 3d land with contours?:(

[ATTACH]8748[/ATTACH]

hi big bro cad designer08

just wondering how do i can create 3d land with contuors?

just wondering if surface could do....

i got it masters!:shock: thank you very much! cant imagine how long would it take for me to figure out things here w/o having connected to the forum! you guys are awesome!:thumbsup:

surftab1 & 2 variables are set to 50...

untitled.jpg

to:arjun_samar

first, maayong gabii diha nimo! i bet un understand bisaya..

nwe, for a basic surface: first you have 2 define ur contour. then set your surftab1 & 2 variables to a higher value n order 4u 2 have a smooth surface. (thanks to master papagyi & master shift1313 for this hint).

in d commad line: type surftab1 enter 50 enter

surftab2 enter 50 enter

now, at d draw menu>modeling>meshes select edgesurf.

click on the 4 spline. u must have something similar to the image below. try also the other surface command... just explore!:)

untitled.jpg

hi big bro.....

big bro how do i can create a 3d land with contours?:(

Sorry bro!:(:( I know about little coz i already not use to with contours!

but i often hear sound like that!..Pls find in forum & i will find for you good post!...Some great member will help you!

hi big bro cad designer08

just wondering how do i can create 3d land with contuors?

just wondering if surface could do....

With Acad07 you can do it several ways. you can create topographical lines in different Z coordiantes and use loft to make your surface.

If you want to use EDGESURF like Acad_designer you have to have 4 defining curves all connected at the ends. There are/have been several great posts explaining this. If you have trouble searching for them let us know.