How did you find the tutorial?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How did you find the tutorial?

• It was the most exciting thing I've read all day
    • Interesting, and I actually learnt something from it
    • I'll be honest, I didn't read it
    • Pretty dull to say the least
    • It sent me to sleep

@ pBe, if I switch off "animate" does that mean I go to sleep?

Not really, just take my word for it...

I genuinely owe much of my learning so quickly, to those who took the time to point me in the right direction.

Ditto :D

That includes you Renderman, Alanjt, Irneb, David.....and many more

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Mac

• The Buzzard

• wimal

• BlackBox

Dear Lee,

After one Year i came to know that we can use animation withing the break points. Thank you so much.

Your way of thinging and conveying it is amazing. I am sure Everybody will visit your website soon. So Try to keep improving more and more to hold the VLISP forever.

After one Year i came to know that we can use animation withing the break points. Thank you so much.

Your way of thinging and conveying it is amazing. I am sure Everybody will visit your website soon. So Try to keep improving more and more to hold the VLISP forever.

Thanks Muthu! I'll try my best :)

• 2 years later...

Add watch function is not working in my home p.c (cad 2006).

without re installing can I rectify this. I mean which files should I replace .

Already I replace vllib.dll but nothing happened.

When I try to get a value of a variable. It just display a Autocad messages ( Alert messages) containing in my old Lisp files.

and cant exit the both lisp & cad.

When I try to get a value of a variable. It just display a Autocad messages ( Alert messages) containing in my old Lisp files.

and cant exit the both lisp & cad.

Have you tried using the Watch Window with no AutoLISP programs loaded in the drawing session?

Does the problem persist?

The Watch Window data is stored in the *sdb-watcher-setting* section of the VLIDE.DSK file which resides in the path returned by (getvar 'roamablerootprefix) - you could try setting :NAME nil in this section, however, note that there is a strong warning not to edit this file, so proceed at your own risk.

Thanks again . It is grate.I open the VLIDE.DSK file. There was lots of unnecessary codes connecting to varies old lisp files.

So I removed the file from that folder. Now Watch Window is working correctlly.

There is a another problem in my office P.C.

The PREVIEW DCL IN EDITOR option is not wirking. The Dialog box to select the code is not opening.

I think you have a solution for that also.

The PREVIEW DCL IN EDITOR option is not wirking. The Dialog box to select the code is not opening.

I think you have a solution for that also.

Unfortunately that is due to the Windows security settings: Because VLIDE was made quite some time ago (I think the 1st version of it was around 1997 for ACad R13/R14) it was made for the intent of working under Windows 95 / NT. So what happens when you use the DCL preview?

It saves the DCL file to a temporary file in the same folder where acad.exe is stored and then runs some lisp to open it and show it. The issue is that in most cases the Windows security prevents a program from altering / adding stuff under the Program Files folders (which is where acad.exe is installed). So it fails to even write that temporary file.

There are 3 solutions:

1. Set your username to an administrator, so all programs you open can access all folders with write privileges. Dangerous, since now any virus can do anything to your PC.
  2. Set acad to start in administrator mode (right-click the shortcut on your desktop / start menu and select Properties, under Compatibility turn on "Run this program as an administrator). Less dangerous, since now it's only ACad which can do anything to any place.
  3. Write your own preview lisp - might be a bit complex, but you sure learn a lot ;). This way you can write it so it either directly opens the existing DCL, or even save it to the %TEMP% folder (which VLIDE should've done in the first place).