Layer manger

Clara

Hello,

I have a weird problem: I click in the Layer Manager button and nothing happens, the layer manager window does not appear.

Could some one please help me with this problem?

Thanks

Clara

The problem was that some days before I used 2 monitors connected to my graphic board and moved the layer window to the 2nd monitor.

So I had to plug the 2nd monitor again and when I called the layer-manager it appeared in the 2nd monitor. So I dragged it to the 1st monitor and thats it. Problem solved.

However, I don't know if this is a Viz2008 bug or a problem with the graphic board...

Regards,

Clara

Its not a problem. The two monitors are considered by your computer as one very wide monitor and the computer remembers the coordinates on this very wide monitor where the window (in your case the layer manager) was last opened. When you remove one monitor and open the same window again the window is placed at the same coordinates as last time, but as you say, you can't see it. Something to remember when working with multiple monitors :wink:.

OK, that might be so. However, while using AutoCAD I've never experienced this kind of "problem"...

:?

In Autocad, you have dialog boxes and you have palettes. Dialog boxes will always open in the center of your screen on your main monitor. Palettes will stay wherever you put them. For example, if you move the layer manager palette to your 2nd monitor and close it, when you open it again, it will be on your 2nd monitor, where you left it. But if you initiate the hatch command and the hatch dialog opens, you can move it to your 2nd monitor for the duration of the command, but when you initiate the hatch command again, the dialog will appear in the center of your screen on your main monitor again. Even though the last time you used it, the dialog was parked on your 2nd monitor.

In Max, all dialogs and managers are free floating. So wherever you park them, that's where they will stay. The same thing is true of Photoshop and many other programs that have free floating dialogs, palettes or managers.

Make sense?