3d contour

kayaan

Hi friends,is it possible to make 3d contour by using coordinates like x,y,z.that means if i putting value of xyz can i made 3d contour.thanks in adv.

All contours by definition are 2D, but with a constant elevation. If you input a set of points all with the same Z value the line produced could be described as a contour.

If your points have different Z values you need to either input them into a program that can produce contours or you need to interpolate them yourself.

If you make the contour by drawing an ordinary polyline (not a 3D polyline), then at the first point you enter x, y and z, but for all the next points, you only enter x and y. The z value stays the same throughout the polyline.

If you make the contour by drawing an ordinary polyline (not a 3D polyline), then at the first point you enter x, y and z, but for all the next points, you only enter x and y. The z value stays the same throughout the polyline.

thanks,i understand little bit i will try.