Adding blocks to Design Center 2006

cduke5

Can I take a block that is currently in my drawing and put it into a tool palette?

I know how to move blocks from the Design Center to a Tool Palette but I don't know how to get my blocks into the Design Center.

Scenario: We use a number of different fasteners in our drawings but they aren't the fasteners that are currently in the Design Center under "fasteners". I am manually redrawing the same fasteners each time I start a new drawing. There must be a better way. Help!

Just browse in Design Center to the drawing containing the block, insert or drag & drop the block into current DWG. Design Center is just a tree, that contains all your folders & files on all connected drives and networks, similar to Windows Explorer, except it adds the ability to re-use drawings and drawing objects, blocks, layers, Xrefs, and customized contents from the drawing files, network drives, and Internet locations.

You are kidding! I have been wanting to learn that for years. Thanks.

I have many different blocks that are located all over the place (depending on when/where I originally made them). I would like to get them all organized for easy access from my templates. What do you suggest?

Another way would be to wblock all your blocks to files on your server/hard drive (whatever you use). Open the design center and locate the file folders containing your blocks. Then right click on the folder and you should see a selection that allows you to create a tool palette with the folder. Then you have a tool palette with all your blocks. I'm sure from there you can figure out how to create groups and organize your tool palette/s the way you want. This is the way I do it. I have ELECTRICAL, HYDRAULIC, and PROCEDURE tool groups with multiple tool palettes within those groups.