Flexible Couplings or Sleeves in MEP

DIW_HDsupply

As a pipe supplier, we provide everything our manufacturer provides. I cannot verify if sleeves or flexible connection fitting exists in AutoCAD MEP 2011. I have tried to draw the pipe using the _AecbPipeAdd button on the ribbon. Since the design has already been provided by the engineering company, and approved by the city, I cannot simply “USE WHAT IS PROVIDED” I must be able to draw shop drawings and produce a bill of materials that represents the approved engineering design. Especially since the city has designed, constructed, and assembled the waterline at the connection point.

What I am looking for in AutoCAD MEP is a pipe connector that represents a Solid Sleeve. (See link pg 11)

http://www.tylerunion.com/documents/catalog2008.pdf

The city constructed pipe is an open ended (no flange or bell) 48” Ductile Iron pipe. And we are beginning our pipe run with the male end of 48” Mechanical Joint Pipe. This “SLEEVE” also provides us with a bit of a fudge factor. As we all know that Nominal sticks of pipe vary in length. Thus a need for a bit of fudge factor out in the field.

The problem I am having is that I only seem to be able to place pipe using the Pipe button on the Ribbon, and then selecting my class and size on the properties pallet. This works fine for the general run of pipe. Where I run into issues is when I want to add the sleeve mentioned above. It is a two part problem. First, I do not seem to see this as an available connection on my fittings tab of my tool pallet. 2nd even if I did, for some odd reason, every time I click on the tools pallet for fittings,(elbows, tees, Reducers, etc) the software defaults back to “STANDARD” 4” pipe fittings. This is both counter intuitive, and unproductive. How am I to add additional fittings to my pipe line if the only method to add pipe/fittings is via the pipe tool in the ribbon.

It is one situation if the “SLEEVE” I am requesting information on does not exist in the MVPARTS catalog provided by AutoCAD, but it is another that the tool pallet does not provide the connectors to the classification of pipe that I am using in my project. I need advice on how to set the tool pallet correctly and or how to place specific parts from the catalog. Is there a way I can pull parts directly from the catalog? I am sure this must be absurdly simple but I have not been able to correct the issue on this end.

Please Advise