LISP Routines: How To.

resullins

You're funny, Render.... I'm a pretty quick learner... but have never really been a programmer, except for control systems.

@SWL: Thanks... I'll try that. One more little issue that I've found. I've always been told that if you want to make AC load a LISP every time you start it, to put the code into accaddoc.lsp. But I don't have one. Can I just create one? I have a couple of things I want to start customizing.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• resullins

• Lee Mac

• BlackBox

• CyberAngel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're funny, Render.... I'm a pretty quick learner... but have never really been a programmer, except for control systems.

@SWL: Thanks... I'll try that. One more little issue that I've found. I've always been told that if you want to make AC load a LISP every time you start it, to put the code into accaddoc.lsp. But I don't have one. Can I just create one? I have a couple of things I want to start customizing.

Cheers, mate!

Yes, ACADDOC.lsp can be created if not already present, and is loaded everytime a drawing is opened **, where as ACAD.lps is only loaded once per session.

** Edit: when found in the support files search path(s).

Hope this helps!

Gotcha. Is there anything specific that needs to be in there, or can it only be the commands I want? Like HTML, so I have to tell it to start a program.... I hope that makes sense.

Ok, I'm ressurecting this thing in hopes that someone can help me further.

I need to alter the Lisp program the very kind LeeMac provided in this thread. I simply need to remove some of the user inputs, and make them default to an attribute I dictate.

Did the last code I posted not work for you?

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?56912-LISP-Routines-How-To.&p=388914&viewfull=1#post388914

No no no... the code works perfect. But the part where it asks you which attribute you want to number... I want to make it ALWAYS number the attribute LINE#... that's the only thing we'll use it for. So I'm playing with it. But even in its current form, it's saving me SO SO SO SO SO much double-click, select, backspace, tab, enter....

No no no... the code works perfect. But the part where it asks you which attribute you want to number... I want to make it ALWAYS number the attribute LINE#... that's the only thing we'll use it for.

But the code I just linked you to doesn't prompt for an Attribute Tag :?

@Lee: Apparently I was a little blonder than usual yesterday. I skipped RIGHT over that post! I'm sorry! That's great! I did add back in the part where it asks the number length... but that's awesome!

Thanks!