changing a block

StevenNoppe

I use Autocad 2011 LT.

When I change a block with teh block editor, the block doesn't change on my screen after I exit the block editor.

Why does this happen?

Yes,

but I already found a workaround : After editing, saving and closing the block editor, I have to use the command "attsync" to synchronize the block.

Why doesn't autocad do this? Can I switch this "attsync" to automatically on?

You did not specify the block also had attributes. It's always important to provide ALL the information not just some of the information.

From your AutoCAD Help file:

Note: Use the ATTREDEF command to redefine and update blocks in one command.

attredef does not exist as a command?

Also : All my blocks are in a tool palet, after I saved the new block, and I choose the block from my tool palet, I also have to do a "attsync" on the block again?!?

I knew ATTREDEF was not included in LT2007 but I am surprised to hear it is not included in 2011. I guess AutoDesk is taking their sweet time getting around to adding it. Thanks for telling us.

You guys are fast. If you have attributes, you will need to use ATTSYNC or I usually do my attsync through BATTMAN. ATTREDEF must not be available in LT.

and I can not change this, so that autocad automatically changes all the blocks after a block edit?

Short of scraping together another 3 or 4 grand to upgrade to full AutoCAD, probably not.

I have LT-atosis paralysis as well, and the cure is too rich for my budget for the forseable future.:cry:

I shoulda stayed in the Army. Sniper School is free.:lol:

The problem is you are only redefining the block in your drawing. Not the one from your library. If you redefine the one in your library, it should insert correctly without having to ATTSYNC.