sending jpeg image behind lines

clicker

I have inserted a jpeg image, and I need it to be underneath my linework. For some reason the "tools-draw order-send to back" is not working. The only way I can get the linework to appear on top of the image is by selecting all the linework and then using "tools>draw order> bring to front" And then if I move the image , it brings it up on top of the linework and I have to redo the process.

This is so annoying! has anyone else run into it and know of a

fix?

Try using "display order" instead of "draw order". A regen should correct the display when the image appears to be on top of your linework after a move. Still annoying to have to do but quicker than what you've been doing.

What are the specs on your computer?

I have this problem with keeping line work on top of the Image, also and I am pretty certain it has to do with my crappy Graphics Card, one day IT will come swap mine out. :lol:

I just keep sending it to the back and a regenall.

i know it's not the best answer but you can use a button to "send to back". i use shortcut commands BB and FF for draw order front and back.

Try using "display order" instead of "draw order". A regen should correct the display when the image appears to be on top of your linework after a move. Still annoying to have to do but quicker than what you've been doing.

where is the "display order" command"?

What are the specs on your computer?

I have this problem with keeping line work on top of the Image, also and I am pretty certain it has to do with my crappy Graphics Card, one day IT will come swap mine out. :lol:

I just keep sending it to the back and a regenall.

SLW210, This worked. My graphics card must suck too (not sure how to check the specs). For some reason, I have to do a regen after sending to back, then the linework comes to the front. Thanks.

I have no problem doing what you describe/it works correctly. Post up part of the file that is causing you problems?

you must have a superior graphics card. (see SLW's post below)

where is the "display order" command"?

It looks like "draw order" has taken its place. "Draw order" used to do something different in older versions. Have you tried doing just the regen when the image gets on top of your linework?

It looks like "draw order" has taken its place. "Draw order" used to do something different in older versions. Have you tried doing just the regen when the image gets on top of your linework?

Sometimes just a regen will work, but usually you need to reset draworder. I am pretty sure it is graphics card related, hopefully I will find out one day when they get mine replaced.

• 9 years later...

I was having the same problem and after trying a million different things, I finally created blocks with the images behind the things in front of them... That block still wanted to jump to the front, but I had the other things I needed in front of it in the same block...

Haven't had any issues with "draw order" in a long time but the first few years it was included the order didn't stick when the drawing was reopened so I used this:

;Because draworder often requires a regen.
(defun C:Recreate (/ ss)
  (setq ss (ssget "I"))
  (if (= ss nil)
    (progn
      (prompt "Select Objects to Recreate on Top.")
      (setq ss (ssget))
    )
  )
  (command "._UNDO" "_BEgin")
  (command "copy" ss "" "_non" "0,0" "")
  (command "erase" ss "")
  (princ)
)

The newly copied (Recreated) objects were on top and the originals on the bottom were deleted. Been quite a few years since I've needed it though, "draw order" works well now.

For often used Draworders I have added a few macro's to the Draw Order drop-down for sending images to back, viewports to front, and viewports to back:

^C^C^P(sssetfirst nil (ssget "X" '((0 . "IMAGE"))));_ai_draworder _Back ^P 
^C^C^P(sssetfirst nil (ssget "X" '((0 . "VIEWPORT"))));_ai_draworder _Front ^P 
^C^C^P(sssetfirst nil (ssget "X" '((0 . "VIEWPORT"))));_ai_draworder _Back ^P