Cut Length VS Lay Length of the Pipe

DIW_HDsupply

I have created a new size of pipe for DR 14 CPVC C900 Pipe, and now a HUB. My problem is in the Lay Length vs. the Cut Length.

The manufacturer shipps the pipe in nominal lengths of 20'. The actual length of the pipe is 20'-8 13/16. This is consistant as it is PVC pipe. I.E. Engagement length plus lay length.

So I created the HUB with a length of 9 13/16". (CEL + 1) I proceded to create a Pipe Routing Preference. Then when I ran the pipe I checked the dimension from HUB to HUB and got 20'-1". This is incorrect, but based on the (CEL + 1) it is not an error on AMEP. Thus, I opened up the part in Content Builder and tried to change CEL1 in the part to 1" to correct the issue.

When I saved the part and tried to run the pipe.. NO HUBS were populated.

Did you regenerate the catalog? Once a part is in the drawing, you need to delete all instances of the part, then do an MEP Purge. Regenerate the catalog and try again. Or, try in a fresh template.

Please elaborate on the PURGE method, is this a special command or just the regular "_purge"?

As shutting down and restarting takes some time if I could purge.. that could save me 10 min every hour..

I have been deleting all instances, closing the file, shutting down autocad and restarting reopening the drawing. Strange thing was that if I set the CEL1 length to .995 instead of 1.0" they populated. Now today.. I come in and it does not work. It's frustrating to me getting different results from day to day. Every time i think I have a handle on it.. bam different results.

Under the Application Button, go to Utilities > Purge MEP Objects. Then type CATALOGREGEN and regenerate All. (or, instead of typing that, double click the booklet icon on the bottom right of the interface, next to the OSNAPZ icon)

See if that makes the changes for you, only after you delete and MEP Purge all instances of it. :)