Insert layout tab

DRBJR45

Good morning all,

After searching the forum for this Im going to risk asking.......:roll:

Is there a way to insert a layout tab from one drawing to another.....

I have a drawing where I created a nice layout showing many standard details that incorporate many viewports at various scale factors...anyway, I want to move this layout tab into a template file. I dont want to recreate this from scratch, it wound be nice to insert this tab into another drawing.....is this possible????:wink:

or in the drawing you want to insert it into, right click on the layout tabs and go to From Template..., then change your file type to .dwg and find that file. A list of layouts on that file will pop up.

Just because it hasn't been mentioned... you could always WBLOCK the objects on the 'nice layout', and INSERT it into the desired drawing layout(s).

Are your details in MS with viewports in the layout?

If so I think you will have to insert the drawing in to your template, that will bring in the MS objects. Then using DC drag the layout into the template.

Thanks for all the replys...but....

Let me be a little more spicific (my bad)....

The objects (lines, cirlces, text ect) that are showing in the viewports need to be inserted, moved, dragged and dropped ect. Along with the layout tab.......otherwise im stuck rearranging the details so they line up in the viewports......it would save a lot of time if i could in just a couple of mouse clicks insert the tab and have the details migrate into the new drawing.....

These were great ideas that work regarding bringing in the tab.....

try CHSPACE, if you stuff is in model space it will move it to paperspace...then save (as a junk file if needed) and then do the insert From Template...then if you needed you can do CHSPACE again in your new file to put them back into modelspace...

Change space is OK but I find that sometimes if I have text or Dims it will mess-up. What I do is to copy paste my model space stuff at original coord's. Then I insert my viewports with the from template option.