Annotative text carrying into different phases

G-Prime

I am currently having an issue of annotative text carrying over to a different phase, as in for instance I am working in Phase 1, let us say demolition. I have text on the drawing.

Now I am dont phase 1 and I toggle my Revit model to phase 2, new construction.

My text on my view for the demolition appears, and I cannot freeze it off, as text is not associated with workset or what not, it is only associated with the view.

My question is, if anyone knows how to address this issue without having to make a new view.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Use detail text instead of model text.

All text in Revit is "annotative".

When you toggle from phase 1 to phase 2, are you changing workset visibility or view phase filters?

If your text is assigned to a phase, that means it's Model Text; convert it to Detail Text. If you need to keep it as Model Text, set it to the Existing phase. Make sure your Phase 2 phase filter does not turn off the Existing phase, and it should show up.

• 2 weeks later...

If what you say is true, I would love to know how you make it model text, because like I said I cannot figure out how to get text assigned to a workset or a phase.

I do not want demolition annotation appearing on construction annotation. If you could provide a detailed walk thru, I would be sooooooooo appreciative.

I totally read that backwards... *facepalm*

You don't want model text; it's workplane-based and gets to being a huge headache with view ranges and other objects.

I suggest duplicating your view for the different sets you want to be able to view. You have demolition text in one view and construction text in another.

Yeah. Sorry for the run-around, lol.

Only way? Not really, but it is the most practical, easiest and time-saving method by far. That's how I do it without thinking. It should only take a matter of minutes to set up, as well.