Workflow for adding flange adaptors?

spittle

As per title.

I've created a straight pipe that adds a flange either end. The length is literally determined by whereever I click.

In reality, double flange pipes would be a set length so I'm wondering:

a) What's the best way to insert a flange adaptor on one end of a flanged straight pipe.

b) Is there a way to add limites so pipes can only come in certain lengths. If I switch orthographic on and type dims, this will only provide length between bend arcs rather than between flanges on my straight pipe.

*edit* For straight double flanged pipework - should I create a parametric fitting that does not use routing i.e. have every diameter pipe with the available lengths within one part?

Edited by spittle

b) Is there a way to add limites so pipes can only come in certain lengths. If I switch orthographic on and type dims, this will only provide length between bend arcs rather than between flanges on my straight pipe.

QUOTE]

I am by far not the expert, but I imagine you will eventually need to do shorter "spools" later

it may be better to set your "CUT LENGTH" in the properties when you lay the pipe in you model.. setting it to 240" will give you 20' this is not a setting that will stay with the pipe, but it can be useful. In this mannor you will not need to create additional parts in the future. If you have only 4 or five sizes to use on a job,

I would suggest making those first, and utilizing the "Copy & Paiste" Method.

a) What's the best way to insert a flange adaptor on one end of a flanged straight pipe.
I use Tool Palettes to house certain parts I need per job. Best way IMHO since the catalog is so robust.

Do you have your MEP Snaps on, and are you using the Pipe Connector snap? That's how I do it. As far as limited the pipe lengths, default drafting settings can help aid in this.

*edit* For straight double flanged pipework - should I create a parametric fitting that does not use routing i.e. have every diameter pipe with the available lengths within one part?
Type PIPEPREFDEF, choose the Pipe Part Routing Preferences of your choice. Under the Preferences tab, under "Joints" you can set the type of Flange you want here. Then just set your cut lengths in the Properties palette next time you are adding pipe, and at each cut length it will automatically insert back to back flanges.