Tip: how to prevent the "Save changes to Drawing1.dwg?" message.

MarcoW

i was getting annoyed with the save message every time i opened or created a new drawing. the code in the original post was perfect and got it setup with the variables i use. next step is to get it on the rest of the computers so the message is gone everywhere.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlackBox

• rkmcswain

• MarcoW

• designerstuart

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:unsure:This might not be part of this problem or a solution to the problem (I am still a rookie) but doesn't the EXPERT seting get rid of these simple questions? Just asking/saying might be the easiest way.

:unsure:This might not be part of this problem or a solution to the problem (I am still a rookie) but doesn't the EXPERT seting get rid of these simple questions? Just asking/saying might be the easiest way.

Expert does not take care of "Save changes to drawingN.dwg".

Controls whether certain prompts are issued.

0 Issues all prompts normally.

1 Suppresses "About to regen, proceed?" and "Really want to turn the current layer off?" (-LAYER)

2 Suppresses the preceding prompts and "Block already defined. Redefine it?" (-BLOCK) and "A drawing with this name already exists. Overwrite it?" (SAVE or WBLOCK)

3 Suppresses the preceding prompts and those issued by the LINETYPE Command prompt (-LINETYPE) if you try to load a linetype that's already loaded or create a new linetype in a file that already defines that linetype.

4 Suppresses the preceding prompts and those issued by UCS Save and VPORTS Save if the name you supply already exists.

5 Suppresses the prompt, "That name is already in Use, redefine it?" issued by the -DIMSTYLE Save option when you supply the name of an existing dimension style.

Suppresses the same prompt issued by the -SCALELISTEDIT Add option.

When a prompt is suppressed by EXPERT, the operation in question is performed as though you entered y at the prompt. Setting EXPERT can affect scripts, menu macros, AutoLISP, and the command functions.

• 6 months later...

Hi,

i'm new to autocad programming. I'd like to use this code so I do not get prompted "do you want to save drawing" every time I open a file from an hyperlink in excel.

Can anyone guide me on how and where do I throw this piece of code? I created acad.lsp and acaddoc.lsp with the code on post #1 but it doesn't work. (I verified that those two files are loaded at startup as well).

Thanks!

Hi,

i'm new to autocad programming. I'd like to use this code so I do not get prompted "do you want to save drawing" every time I open a file from an hyperlink in excel.

Before doing so, do you know why you are being prompted to save a new drawing when you close it? You will only be prompted if a change is made to the drawing.

If you take care to not make any drawing changes at startup time (with any of the various startup files), then you won't get prompted, and you won't need any "code".

Before doing so, do you know why you are being prompted to save a new drawing when you close it? You will only be prompted if a change is made to the drawing.

If you take care to not make any drawing changes at startup time (with any of the various startup files), then you won't get prompted, and you won't need any "code".

Hi, I am not doing any changes at startup, and i get promped "do you want to save dwg1" when clicking on an excel hyperlink while autocad was not running beforehand.

Thanks!