_MTEDIT Double Click Action Failure?

BlackBox

I must have changed something unknowingly, and cannot figure out how to correct the undesired behavior. :oops:

Beginning a couple of days ago, I now receive an immediate double *cancel* when I double click Mtext.

Command line snip (create new mtext, then edit in place):

Command: t
MTEXT Current text style:  "Standard"  Text height:  0.1750  Annotative:  No
Specify first corner:
Specify opposite corner or [Height/Justify/Line 
spacing/Rotation/Style/Width/Columns]:

Command:[color=red](<-- This is where I've double clicked the mtext)[/color]
Command: *Cancel*

Command: _mtedit Select an MTEXT object:

Using Land Desktop, and Land Enabled Map 2009

MTEXTED = Internal

DBLCLKEDIT = 1

"Noun/Verb Selection" is enabled in the Selection Options

Here's a snapshot of my Double Click Action from the CUI:

CT_mtedit double click action.png

... Which is not editable, as it (ACAD.cui) is loaded as a partial in my enterprise CUI, and I'm the only person with write-access on the server - and I haven't changed the CUI for a while.

I've tried changing my current profile, starting AutoCAD with the OOTB icon (and profile), all with no success.

[edit] I've also tried removing all customizations from being loaded, also with no change. [/edit]

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried a workspace without the ribbon loaded, on the off chance that the contextual tab is messing up some how?

Have you tried a workspace without the ribbon loaded, on the off chance that the contextual tab is messing up some how?

At your suggestion, I've just tried that... this too has been unable to correct my problem. :(

The difference now, being that I am prompted with _DDEDIT after the double *cancel*:

Command:[color=red](<-- This is where I've double clicked the mtext)[/color]

Command: _ddedit
Select an annotation object or [undo]: *Cancel*[color=red](<-- I hit ESC)[/color]

Not sure if it related or not... but I have also noticed that Land Desktop does not restore the original tab, post contextual MText tab use, whereas Land Enabled Map does.

I've even tried deleting my standard/custom profiles and re-imported them. Sadly this has not corrected the issue(s) either.

What happens when you select the Mtext, right click and choose "Mtext Edit" from the pop up menu? Do you get a double cancel or does it allow you to edit the text? What about the ED command? Does it work? This would help determine whether its a double click editing problem or a problem with the text editing operation itself.

Do you have any problems with double clicking on any other objects, like hatches or blocks?

What happens when you select the Mtext, right click and choose "Mtext Edit" from the pop up menu? Do you get a double cancel or does it allow you to edit the text? What about the ED command? Does it work? This would help determine whether its a double click editing problem or a problem with the text editing operation itself.

Do you have any problems with double clicking on any other objects, like hatches or blocks?

Thanks for your help on this!

Selecting the Mtext/Text then right click + Mtext/Text Edit works fine.

ED command also works fine.

I haven't needed to double click hatches or blocks recently, but actually they too have the same double *cancel* (just tried).

Do you think this could this be a CUI problem, or is the some sort of sysvar/envvar issue?

I'm at a loss. From what you've posted, your settings look correct and your CUI looks good. I'm unable to duplicate the problem on my end, so I'm not sure what's causing this?

I assume you've tried shutting down and restarting?

Have you thought about running a Repair? You're running several different programs, so maybe they are conflicting, or maybe the settings in one is overriding the settings in another?

I'm at a loss. From what you've posted, your settings look correct and your CUI looks good. I'm unable to duplicate the problem on my end, so I'm not sure what's causing this?

I assume you've tried shutting down and restarting?

Have you thought about running a Repair? You're running several different programs, so maybe they are conflicting, or maybe the settings in one is overriding the settings in another?

Most unfortunate, this predicament.

I've got to finish up some printing right now for a deadline today, but immediately after, I will restart. I'm positive I did that this morning, but it's worth another shot.

As for the reapir... I'll have to look into that; I may not be able to do so without IT (permissions).

The funny thing about whatever setting it may be... is that I've not have any software installed, nor made any changes to components that might have a predictable, immediate impact if something where screwy (i.e., CUI, Profiles, SFSP, etc.). I've literally just been working, LoL.

Many thanks for your time and effort! :beer:

Just a shot in the dark here...did you check your mouse and/or mouse settings?

If that is the cause, I am unsure as to how, never mind that no equipment changes have been made (i.e., hardware, settings, etc.):

I've been using this mouse for a year +/-:

CT_mouse.png

Well, like I said a shot in the dark.

You definitely have something broken, I cannot recreate your problem without setting DBLCLKEDIT = 0

Well, like I said a shot in the dark.

You definitely have something broken, I cannot recreate your problem without setting DBLCLKEDIT = 0

Thank you for trying... this is driving me nuts. Especially as a result of the numerous text/mtext edits I had to do for today's submittal. LoL

I even though maybe I had been testing some code in my command reactors that may have cause it, but as I mentioned opening ACAD from the OOTB icons (i.e., OOTB paths, profile, etc.) didn't even fix the problem. I even made sure to select the profile, and reset - just to be safe.

Alas, no success. :(

Doesn't the Enterprise CUI load first, followed by the Main CUI, followed by any partials? What I'm getting at is your Doubleclick options shouldn't be greyed out in the CUI that's actually controlling your Double-click actions.

Doesn't the Enterprise CUI load first, followed by the Main CUI, followed by any partials? What I'm getting at is your Doubleclick options shouldn't be greyed out in the CUI that's actually controlling your Double-click actions.

Here's our CUI structure in a nutshell:

The Main CUI is editible to the user, and is stored on their personal network space for customization.

The Enterprise CUI is not editible to the user, and is store on the network (myself, and a few others have write-access to this netowkr drive only).

ACAD.cui is loaded as a partial to the Enterprise CUI (and has been for nearly two years without issue).

The only CUI file with Double Click Actions is ACAD.cui, neither the Main, nor Enterprise have any.

I have tried copying the Double Click Action for Mtext to the Main cui with no change in behavior.

To reiterate, I have also changed the current profile to the OOTB profile, where ACAD.cui is the Main CUI - no change.

That'd be a "Negative" on my end:

CT_system restore.png

I'll have to contact IT.

Also, never had to do a repair before, is that something that requires IT typically (I assume)?

The other undesired behavior I've noticed, is when manipulating draw order.

I'll select a group of objects, use the pop menu to send to back/front, etc. then the pickset is redrawn (no longer selected), and I am prompted to select the objects.

Very frustrating... I can't help but think if there's something wrong with the profile I implemented a few months ago, I just cannot reason why a few days ago the undesired behavior would have started. Perplexing.

Also, never had to do a repair before, is that something that requires IT typically (I assume)?

Yeah, you're going to need the installation disk, so I'm sure you will have to contact IT for that.