Right CLick Menu Problem

woodman78

I only use right click for Last Command but some in our office insist on using the right click menu. They have ShortCutMenu set to 14 and Pickfirst set to 1. They are encountered a problem recently that I suspect is causing other wider problems with Lisps.

Before when they clicked on a drawing entity and then went right click they could choose copy or whatever and the item was selected as in the command would run without them having to select the item again. That has now changed and now after selecting the entity and right clicking to choose the command they are then asked to choose an entity again.

Can anyone help with this?

In the right click options (part of the Options dialog) there are several settings. If memory serves, one of them allows the right click to be the edit menu when entities are already selected, as opposed to being the standard right click menu when nothing is selected. Also note the time sensitive right click.

I checked that out and it's setup like that. I don't know why it's behaving like that.

Thanks anyway.

I have looked again at this and it seems that this guys problem is a bit worse. Normally if I select an entity I can then run a command and it runs and does what it is supposed to do. But for him if he selects an entity and runs a command then he has to select the entity as part of the command.

Anyone any ideas?

Sounds like PICKFIRST but you say he already has that turned on?

Have you checked that it is actually turned on when he is having the problem? It could be that a lisp or macro is turning it off and not resetting it after running.

Yeah I checked that and it is fine. The thing is everyone else is fine! Is there any other setting that could control that?

I have looked again at this and it seems that this guys problem is a bit worse. Normally if I select an entity I can then run a command and it runs and does what it is supposed to do. But for him if he selects an entity and runs a command then he has to select the entity as part of the command.

Anyone any ideas?

This reminds me of an issue I was recently having... specifically limited to double click actions. For example, I would double click on MText expecting the editor to open, and instead I received a *cancel* *cancel* at the command line, followed by the prompt to select MText... thereafter the command would function normally.

While I never did find the cause for that issue I had determined that a repair install was needed. Luckily for me, my team was scheduled for an upgrade from WinXP 32-Bit to Win7 64-Bit a few days later, so I never needed the repair install, but perhaps that would help your situation.

Did you check the mouse software or the CUI to see if the command has been changed for Right-Click?

Great question; given that we work with Enterprise CUI, where the Main is only for customizations, I didn't even think to ask. :oops: