Adjusting start up commands and other questions

maddog1995

I did this once before with my settings, but forgot to take notes from the guy who showed me. Could someone point me in the right direction in how to make some simple adjustments to change the startup commands for my AutoCAD 2007? One specific thing that keeps bugging me is the "Edgemode" command resets back to 1 every time I restart CAD.

Another, more difficult thing I am trying to remember how to do is how to get my ADT commands to show up on my version of CAD. We use a secondary piece of software, called CMarch, that overrules some ADT commands and symbols. I had it set up where I had both commands available, but with a recent computer upgrade, I lost those settings. Any help would be appreciated...assuming you understand what I'm asking :lol:

i assume you are interested in altering your acad.lsp and acad.pgp files. using the former you can set fairly complex commands to run every time you open a drawing, and the latter allows you to give existing commands aliases. co sor instance, change C to be copy, not circle.

you can find their locations using the options - files tab i think. google will also help!