2 UCS icon in paperspace, sth is wrong!?

khoshravan

equilateral-square.dwg

In layout 1 of the attached file, I did something wrong. I copied the borderline and bottom annotation from another file using ctrl+C, Ctrl+v method. After that ucs icons are doubled. I deleted the viewport and made another one by mv command, however the problem still is there. How can I solve this issue. Is something wrong with copying the annotation from another file?

TIA

1. Lock you viewport...

That is an interesting question. I always have my UCS icon turned off although in the limited extent I have used it I haven't see two there like you have.

You have two viewports. One on Layer0 (white) and another Layer6 (magenta). I suspect that's unintentional and you don't want/need two, but if you do, then turn off the UCSICON for one of them.

You have two viewports. One on Layer0 (white) and another Layer6 (magenta). I suspect that's unintentional and you don't want/need two, but if you do, then turn off the UCSICON for one of them.

Thanks you are right. After you mentioned, I figured out and deleted the unwanted viewport. Now is there any command to give the name of viewports in a layout to find out these sort of problems? After this experience, I will check about this issue, but it is rather hard thing to do as there might be a very small viewport, made unintentionally.

I'm not really sure if there's a way to list viewports. I know you can use CTRL+R to toggle between them, but if they're basically right on top of each other as they were in your drawing, I'm not sure you'd notice the toggle. QSELECT > Viewport will tell you if there is more than one.

I'm not really sure if there's a way to list viewports. I know you can use CTRL+R to toggle between them, but if they're basically right on top of each other as they were in your drawing, I'm not sure you'd notice the toggle. QSELECT > Viewport will tell you if there is more than one.

Qselect was a good way to find, except that I was suspecting to see more than one viewport.

Finally I find out that, my drawing sits on the layer 6 and my annotation with border line is in layer0. I thought this is a good habit to draw my drawings in model space and put annotation and borderlines in paperspace. It seam that I have to have a viewport in paperspace to be able to put annotation in it? Is it correct?

Qselect was a good way to find, except that I was suspecting to see more than one viewport.

Finally I find out that, my drawing sits on the layer 6 and my annotation with border line is in layer0. I thought this is a good habit to draw my drawings in model space and put annotation and borderlines in paperspace. It seam that I have to have a viewport in paperspace to be able to put annotation in it? Is it correct?

With objects in ModelSpace you will need a viewport in paperspace to display the objects in MS. The annotation and border will reside in paperspace.

Use a layer other than 0 to place your annotation and border, create an ANNO layer, etc. for that.