.sat .igs . step?!?!?

rdharvey

Hello,

I have a client who is using inventor 2008 and wants a selection of my files and asm from my 2011 pro.

I am trying to figure out which format will be most desirable to use. Ideally the parts will be editable once opened in the 2008 package. Is a .sat file best for this type of request?

As for igs and step will these be pulled through a dumb solid bodies?

Regards,

Rob

They will all be dumb solid bodies, yes.

Your best translation format here is going to be STEP. SAT works, I am just not fond of it since it has not been updated for Autodesk in a LONG time.

We work with lots of imported catia files and I find the feature rebuild to be great at what it does, so far not have any big problems :)

One thing I suggest to users is to always use the manual recongize features, not the automatic recongition and recognize only those features that actually need editing.

I see many users get frustrated trying to recognize all features with no reason. If all features need to be edited - go back to the original designer and find out why they are doing all features wrong such that they all need to be edited.