Insulation on flex duct?!@#!

idllc

Anyone know how to Make AMEP NEVER put insulation on flex duct?

Most of the time my round runouts have insulation on them, thus the flex duct wants to inherit the insulation factor as well. I know how to get rid of it after the fact, but it would really be nice to never get insulation on flex.

Thanks

If you're initiating the flex duct from by using the Ctrl+Grip at the end of a ductrun, then it automatically inherits the properties of the existing duct runout. I just use QSELECT when I'm done running all my runs to grab all the flex duct and take off insulation at one time. It's a manual workaround but I don't know of any option to never allow flex duct to have insulation.

Thanks StykFace, that is what I do as well, it would just be nice to never get insulation on Flex.

This will be one of my BETA recomendations for 2013.

Thanks Again!

If you run your flex duct from diffuser to duct (instead of from duct to diffuser) then it might work. Just a thought anyways. You see, I never show insulation on my round duct runouts to diffusers so I rarely have that problem. I have a Duct System Definition that displays all round duct runouts as a single line in Plan View so I don't have to worry about such an option.