1st post: 3D Plotting Problem

titoOyos

Hi, just joined this forum.

Using AutoCAD 2012 and new to 3D, I have just finished a 3D model of 3 buildings using combinations of 3DSolid and 3dface plus some exploded text and extruded to 5mm high. All the lineweights are ByDefault

I created a viewport (I use Shaded With Edges options) and tried to plot it in pdf using adobepdf.pc3 and dwgtopdf.pc3. and a plotsyle color-blw.ctb (all in color and bylineweight).

My viewres setting is 10000, and my adobe setting is 1200 dpi.

The question is the output is still pixelated compared to Legacy Wireframe or 2D output.

What am I doing wrong here, help is greatly appreciated. :(

Hi, just joined this forum.

Using AutoCAD 2012 and new to 3D, I have just finished a 3D model of 3 buildings using combinations of 3DSolid and 3dface plus some exploded text and extruded to 5mm high. All the lineweights are ByDefault

I created a viewport (I use Shaded With Edges options) and tried to plot it in pdf using adobepdf.pc3 and dwgtopdf.pc3. and a plotsyle color-blw.ctb (all in color and bylineweight).

My viewres setting is 10000, and my adobe setting is 1200 dpi.

The question is the output is still pixelated compared to Legacy Wireframe or 2D output.

What am I doing wrong here, help is greatly appreciated. :(

Hey, can you provide us some pix and screenshots of your work?to help us determine your problem :)

• 2 weeks later...

Select the Viewport

Go to the Properties palette.

Check the "ShadePlot" setting. It is different and independent than your "VisualStyle" setting. VisualStyle is how it appears on screen. ShadePlot is how it appears on paper. I am going from memory, so the terms may be slightly incorrect, but the principle is sound. Hope that helps.

Additionally, when you plot, ensure the 'plot dialog' settings are correct to ensure accurate plotting. The check boxes listed on the right-hand side are pretty intuitive. Post a screenshot of it if you have any trouble.