Extending Multiple Objects

nicnicman

A fellow CAD user asked me how to extend multiple horizontal lines to a single vertical line. I told him to simply use the extend command with a selection box to select all of the lines to extend. He said that he could not use a selection box because CAD would not let him make one after executing the command. He could only click each line individually. Now I was not actually in front of his computer helping him so I don't know if it is human error or not. Is there some setting that could be set wrong? He is using CAD 2004. Is this something that is not in CAD 2004?

Any help is appreciated? I've attached a drawing to help illustrate what I am talking about.

Bob.jpg

From what I know is the extend command from CAD 2000 to 2004 really does not use a selection box im afraid, same goes with the trim. but correct me if im wrong coz I trained in CAD 2000, and only used CAD2004 for a brief moment.

A fellow CAD user asked me how to extend multiple horizontal lines to a single vertical line. I told him to simply use the extend command with a selection box to select all of the lines to extend. He said that he could not use a selection box because CAD would not let him make one after executing the command. He could only click each line individually. Now I was not actually in front of his computer helping him so I don't know if it is human error or not. Is there some setting that could be set wrong? He is using CAD 2004. Is this something that is not in CAD 2004?

Any help is appreciated? I've attached a drawing to help illustrate what I am talking about.

Extend will work in this example, so they need to start extend, pick the line to extend to (or hit return to select all objects in the drawing), pick a point below (or above) the horizontal lines, pick above the lines, hit enter.

You can also use change for this example, start the change command, pick all the horizontal lines, set Ortho On, using a near or perp osnap pick the vertical line.