Presenting 3D Model

nicolas

Hi,

I am looking for a way to show how objects are related one to another, how piece A fit on piece B, different cuttings and so on. Can anybody give me a link to a tutorial regarding such presentation techniques. I need to do such things for a preliminary works for a catalogue.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Nicolas

Hi Nestly,

You are right. The drawings are indeed assemblies. The drawings are done and I need to easily annotate and show the diverse axis where piece A mounts on piece B. I know this can be done via Viewport in Paper Space, even with greater ease in Autocad 2012 with dra dimension instead of model dimension. Dimensioning 3d Model in model space is quite complex with each time having to reset and position anew the ucs.

Regards,

Nicolas.

AutoCAD is not as well equipped to create assemblies as Inventor is. Dimensioning a 3D object in model space can be a chore. You could always extract the 2D views of the object(s) and dimension those instead.

Thank you very much. I believe that the new autocad 2012 drawing views will be helpful in terms of extracting and dimensioning basic 2d views of 3d object. For assemblies, the best will be Inventor. I have drawn a part in Inventor and then have an inventor dwg presentation of it. The output was fabulous as well as the texture and so on. I believe that I will need to tackle those 3d assemblies in inventor. Anyway thanks a lot.

I believe that I will need to tackle those 3d assemblies in inventor. Anyway thanks a lot.

The Inventor Prensentation environment (file *.ipn) can be used to create exploded assembly views with trails).

A 3D view in Inventor can be easily dimensioned.

If you wish to change the orientation of a dimension hit the Spacebar to cycle through possible options.

Edited by JD Mather

Hi JD Mather,

Assembly1.pdf

You and others are indeed right about using Inventor over Autocad for assemblies else I risk take eternity to prepare those assemblies and at the end of the day great disappointments. I have done something very basic namely two cylindrical parts where one fit on the other as well as an ipn file which I have recorded. Could you please give me some hints about nicely publishing such assembly on paper (pdf)?

Regards,

Nicolas

Hi,

I was able to place the ipn in a idw file. However I can only place but two views that are available. It would be nice if I can completely push part a into part b.

[ATTACH]29824[/ATTACH]

Regards,

Nicolas

Not sure what this means? Should be able to do any required views.

Might also look into View Reps if the trails aren't needed.

Ok thanks. We will continue the post in Inventor Section, given I have some issues regarding fitting parts in assembly.

Regards,

Nicolas.