Compare points in vba

M76

Essentially that is correct. Of course, binary math manipulation produces minor discrepancies that need to be addressed – i.e., the comparison requires some tolerance.

A good way to approach this would be to calculate the distance between the points, and compare that to your acceptable tolerance.

That’s true. A lot of useful functionality is unavailable to VBA. And, considering VBA’s deprecation, there will be no effort on Autodesk’s part to fix that situation.

You may be happy to know that VB.NET does include all of that missing functionality.

In a way, though, using VBA for years was beneficial in that it compelled me to a more in depth exploration of coding techniques/algorithms than I may have pursued if everything was pre-packaged.

Even with everything that is exposed via the ObjectARX api. there will always be something missing that a programmer has to develop on their own.

Well, when productivity is an issue I'm always looking for the fastest solution, not necessarily the best.

I don't know if I can use VB.NET with autocad 2007, but if its possible, how?

Well, I think you can still use the .ObjectID property of the AcadPoint object to compare if two points are the same. Same .ObjectID means same point.

If I've understand you right so next code should work for you

Option Explicit

Function IsPointsEqual(p1() As Double, p2() As Double, fuzz As Double) As Boolean
If Abs(p1(0) - p2(0)) <= fuzz And _
Abs(p1(1) - p2(1)) <= fuzz And _
Abs(p1(2) - p2(2)) <= fuzz Then
IsPointsEqual = True
Else
IsPointsEqual = False
End If
End Function
Sub test()
Dim p1(2) As Double
Dim p2(2) As Double
p1(0) = 1.22: p1(1) = 1.223: p1(2) = 0.00003