ACAD MEP pipe outline dissapreas unless zoomed in plan view

raj banerjee

hello peeps,

got a 3d model of some pipework, I have a titleblock in paperspace with a viewport scaled to 1:50. If you zoom extents some of the pipe outlines dissapear, but when you zoom into them they appear again. It plots with some of the pipes not showing both sides, is there a way to show all the pipe outlines?

Im also using the hidden visual style

any help would be great

Have you tried a different Visual Style? I recall a similar problem a while back, I believe the difficult pieces needed redrawn.

We have a separate forum for MEP, so i will move this thread there. :thumbsup:

hi mate,

I have tried other styles such as shaded, concept and the pipes are fine, it just seems that when you are zoomed out a bit it has trouble showing al the pipes. Its a bit of an imbarrasing problem after me braggin up this package etc.

Any suggestions?

Can you post the file by chance? I don't know why the AEC Objects (aka "pipes") would be disappearing on you as they are not Annotative, meaning they are not associated with adjusting scales. The only thing I could imagine is that it's simply zooming out of view.

Try this to track down the problem: Once you adjust the Viewport and it "disappears", double click the edge of the Viewport. This will "Maximize" the Viewport. You'll notice the red border around the Modelspace. Now, pan around and see if the Pipes are there. If so it's simply a zooming issue. To exit the Maximized View, simply type VPMIN at the command line. Oh and you'll want to keep everything in 2D Wireframe, never adjust this, especially in Plan View.

Also, as for the look and style of the Pipes, you'll want to get yourself familiar with the Display Manager. It's not about controlling layers anymore, with AutoCAD MEP it's about controlling objects. That's where the Display Manager will come into play. Also, the Display Manager correlates with the Style Manager too. These two interfaces took me a long time to wrap my head around but once you do, you'll become a very good AutoCAD MEP designer.

;)

As you continue to wrap your head around the Style Manager and Display Manager, you realize how intuitive and awesome it is. When you finally reach a certain level, you start to question how good it really is. Then, when you jump into Revit, you realize the Style Manager and Display Manager is extremely limited and extremely cumbersome when compared to Revit.

lol, no probs, changed companies now so will elave this problem until it arises again, some good banter on this thread tho :-)