Questions on Planes

nicolas

Hi,

I am looking for some answers regarding planes in inventor. I have drawn some drawing off the xy, yz and xz planes and the ground is far away from the assembly. I want to know what can be done to remedy the problem. Can I constraint the grounded pard to an existing plane for example?

Also, I want to know about mid planes between two planes being non-available in assembly. Is there an alternative?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Nicolas.

Here you will find an assembly with the ground far away. I believe that the problem is due to the parts being drawn off the xy, yz and xz planes. I have a number of drawing like this. Worst, this drawing was drawn in inches as the default units is in inches. Is there a way to change this setting so that a new part is automatically set to mm?

Table Profile 01.ipt

Ground Plane Problem 01.pdf

Ground Plane Problem 02.pdf

The above are representative drawings and the actual parts are much more complex. I can't upload the iam file.

Thanks you in advance,

Regards,

Nicolas