xref binding

reinagrace

Hi everyone..

Im using autocad 2008 and i'm having difficulty in binding xref. i've been usign autocad for 3years now but sad to say, it's my first time to try binding xref.

So here's the scene, got xref file, then bind it, and then the whole xref drawing disappear but the xref filename is still in the list at the xref pallette? What should i do? :(

Please enlighten me.. thanks very much..

No replies?

I'm sure there are forum members who, unlike myself, do utilize xrefs and know something about binding them. Anyone able to help this person?

*Bump*

Well all I do is go to "Insert" (top left) select "External ref", once openned as my picture select the ex/ref right click select bind repeat for anyother ex/ref's job done, why it isnt showing up at all after you have done your binding i have no idea, I take it the ex/ref has already been inserted into your drawing yes ?.

Please explain how you did your binding if different from above

Binding.jpg

do you get any sort of message or statement on the command line?

along with following Oppies suggestion I would run a recover on the base file and the working file as well, it would be alot easier for some of us to help trouble shoot this particular issue if you are able to to attach all the associated files.

it may actually be quicker for you to go to the base file and block it, then go to the sheet file, detach it and then just insert your freshlt created block, doesn't solve your issue but gives you a work around ......

oh and make sure your doing lots of purges, regardless of which aspect of these suggestions your attempting.

@ RobDraw, i tried that already and nothing happens. i'm not sure with what the command line says, i'll post it again tomorrow. thanks.

for the rest, i'll try everything that you suggested first thing tomorrow at our office and keep you all posted. thanks very much...

here's the image after i bind the xref... and the other file is my working drawing. i'll see if i can attached the xref file. it's too big and i try to zip the file, it won't attached here...:(

sample1a.dwg

this wat happens after i bind the xref.jpg

i really cannot attached the xref file. any suggestions?? i almost deleted all the contents of the drawing but still its 1.01MB( i tried purge/-purge, but still, get the same 1.01MB file)..:x... and i also tried binding again this time, (with almost all the contents deleted), still same results.

I think the problem may be in the XREF file. Try making a WBLOCK from that file with the stuff you can select and then xref the new file into you drawing.

@ rob, good job! i did just what u said, and viola! ahaha.... i have it binded.. what a relief.. thanks so much for the help.

@ sparkyuk, i already sent the files, maybe you can find out what's wrong with the file i'm trying to xref.. normally, it should bind if there are no errors so at least, i can avoid the same errors in the future.. thanks so much for the help guys... :D