converting into cad

polarcreamsoda

i have some renderings in rhino that i want to convert to CAD so i can take it to a laser cutter.

is there a way to pull the planes from my rhino file over to CAD so i dont have to redraw the lines. they are curves so reproducing the lines would be alot of work if its not necessary.

if you need more clarification on what needs to be done ask away. im pretty much a beginner with rhino so im kinda limited here. thanks!

I thought AutoCAD 2012 could work with Rhino filkes.

Model Documentation

—Automatically generate intelligent documentation for AutoCAD, Autodesk® Inventor® software, and other models. You can import and document designs from a wide variety of software applications including SolidWorks®, Pro/ENGINEER®, CATIA®, Rhinoceros®, and NX®.

Autodesk

® Inventor® Fusion

—An easy-to-use tool for direct modeling, helping you flexibly edit and validate models from almost any source.

I think Rhino can export to .dwg, .dxf, .fbx, .3ds, .dgn, .iges, .stl, .step and .sat among other files.

What file type(s) does your laser cutter use?

• 3 weeks later...