Zoom in Zoom out

AKINCI

Hi everyone,

I am currently drawing a map. It is going to be a detailed one. I wonder if i could make small town names disappear while zooming out and at the same time big city names emerge. And contrarily make disappear big city names while zooming in and emerge small town names. I want it to make similar with the application that google map uses. Can we do that with autocad?

Thank you.

Well, you can make that destinction with Viewports, but those have a set Zoom-factor so probably not what you are looking for.

You could separate the text into different layers and thaw and freeze as you go along.

You could also assing multiple Annotation scales to the objects and change the Cannoscale variable as you go along.

I apologise for only giving work-arounds but I don't think that what you are describing is possible... though I would also like it to be :)

This is only a guess, but....

If you're working in 3D, simply place the text at different altitudes, and zoom past states, the cities, past the towns, right down to the house numbers.

This is only a guess, but....

If you're working in 3D, simply place the text at different altitudes, and zoom past states, the cities, past the towns, right down to the house numbers.

oho! Placing stuff at different Z-values on purpose? that's a first! :P

You could check your current zoom scale there is a variable you can read for this where is it now. use a reactor to check and turn layers on and off.

trying to find variable. maybe viewsize ?

oho! Placing stuff at different Z-values on purpose? that's a first! :P

What? We're not talking about 3D?:lol: Anyhow, that's how you get airplanes not to hit each other.

BIGAL must work in google IT. It sounds like the method they use. Layer switching is it.

As an aside, I've often wondered if there is a recovery command for "Flatten"? Maybe a sysvar called "Bumpy".;)