reading material

wanabdrummer

This book was recommended to me last year by StykFace, it's the only one that is making sense of MEP for me.

I still have a great dislike for the software but I'm getting there, I think it's more that I'm fed up having to learn ANOTHER package :geek:

Most flaws aren't with the program itself, but in the lack of development on certain features. I'm not hounding AutoCAD MEP by any means, because ultimately it is a fantastic program.

One thing I would love to see is an actual BOM tool. It's really hard to successfully and easily create a BOM using the AEC Schedules option. Too many workarounds, and the AEC schedules won't group together all differentiating lengths of a common pipe size to give you overall linear feet. That would be my #1 add on a Wish List.

You'll find that AMEP has a ton of fittings and routing options, but they don't have everything right out of the box. Street 90s is a workaround, for instance. You'll know the flaws when you see them, trust me. The reason why you'll know is because you come from the field.

:)

One thing I would love to see is an actual BOM tool. It's really hard to successfully and easily create a BOM using the AEC Schedules option. Too many workarounds, and the AEC schedules won't group together all differentiating lengths of a common pipe size to give you overall linear feet. That would be my #1 add on a Wish List.

I was presented with the task of seeing if this could be worked out. Sounds like I will be climbing a big hill. Dammit LOL

what is it about that you dislike.

Apologies for the late reply: I don't 'hate' the program. Basically I used Inventor for 5 years, which was a HUGE leap from AutoCAD, now I feel like I'm having to learn a new way of draughting/drafting (however you spell it :)) all over again.

My brain hurts a little, that's all. I can see the benefits of the software, that's what keeps me at it.