Measure command???

No sorry the block was 2 lines and I created a 3rd at an equal distance away so as to measure the amount needed so the lines are evenly spaced along the whole polyline, but the third is not part of the block no.

The base point of the block was a fair bit away from the line which is why it was arraying so far away, I managed to figure that out. So i got the lines to array along the polyline but the did not align perpendicular to the line.

hand drawn.jpg

So basically I want to create a slope, common landscape architecture feature.

Is this enough information?? soz about the vagueness before.

Cheers

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wannabe

• feargt

• eldon

• rkent

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you use "measure", you have to tell it what you want the distance between the points to be. If you use "divide" you tell it how many segments you want, and it figures out what the distance should be. You don't have to round anything for either one. In other words, if you start the "divide" command, and tell it you want 4 segments on a line 6.73 cm long, it will place 3 points along your poly line that are exactly the same distance apart, in this case 1.6825 cm.

If you use measure, and tell it that you want the segments to be 2 cm apart, it will place the first point 2 cm from the end, and every 2 cm there after until it runs out of places to put them. If your line is 6.73 cm long, the first point will be 2 cm from the end, another 2 cm from that, and a third 2 cm from that one. Your last segment will only be .73 cm long.

If you want your block to be perpendicular to the line, then you have to draw the block perpendicular in the first place.

There is a visual problem with having a block of two lines, in that when you Measure round curves, the block will not align at both ends with the line, and will not be perpendicular at both ends. (The red block in the picture).

To get a more pleasing look, I would use two blocks, with the insertion points at the end of the line, so that they would be perpendicular. When you have Measured with one block, then I would Lengthen the base polyline by half of the spacing, and then Measure with the other block.

MeasureBlocks.jpg

What you are trying to achieve, if I'm not mistaken, it's create a hatch pattern for an embankment (European style).

Check out the attached LISP routine to see if it does what you want. Basically it requires two boundaries, one for TOB and one for BOB, it will take lines, polylines, arcs and splines. Pick TOB and BOB and enter the spacing you want. If it produces no hatch pattern, repeat it again but enter the spacing as a negative value. It creates a block, seeds it along the TOB aligned, explodes the blocks back to single line entities, extends them all to the BOB and then shortens every second one to 50% of its original length. The hatch pattern remains as a group to ease deletion and editing. (I never did get round to automatically getting the direction, but its easily doable).

embankment.lsp

Edited by Tyke
typo

WOW, that is perfect, yes im trying to create an embankment

except on my cad it said

Object does not intersect an edge.

Object does not intersect an edge."GbLA Detail 0.22 line"

:sick:

any ideas??

cheers

• 4 years later...