3d Graphic design with auto cad

vipin123

What kind of graphic design are you looking to make? Is this for packaging?

I'm kinda curious, what prompted the question if had to do with packaging?

I'm kinda curious, what prompted the question if had to do with packaging?

a 3d box layout for a cereal or something is the most applicible aplication for CAD use in the graphic design field.

I studied graphic design and in the course of doing ad layouts and such we also had to design all the packaging for a product of the teacher's choosing.

• 1 year later...

In AutoCAD, there is no magic button to automatically build the model on two-dimensional images, but there are enough toolkits for 3D modeling, using which you can build any 3D model.

Edited by DulifRi

DulifRi:

AutoCAD has, depending on the version one is running, up to FIVE different ways to extract 2D views from 3D models. These are as follows...

1) SolProf

2) SolView/SolDraw

3) SectionPlane

4) Flatshot

5) ViewBase

Although you are running an older version of AutoCAD you have access to the first four options. You might want to read up on the pros and cons of each then practice using them to see which one(s) best fits your needs.

DulifRi:

AutoCAD has, depending on the version one is running, up to FIVE different ways to extract 2D views from 3D models. These are as follows...

1) SolProf

2) SolView/SolDraw

3) SectionPlane

4) Flatshot

5) ViewBase

Although you are running an older version of AutoCAD you have access to the first four options. You might want to read up on the pros and cons of each then practice using them to see which one(s) best fits your needs.

Could Extrude be another method?

That's what I get for not having that cup of coffee first. DulifRi was pointing out one cannot create a 3D model without some effort from a 2D view which I totally read incorrectly! My apologies.

Yes PotGuy, Extrude, PressPull, PolySolid and Loft could all be used to create 3D models in addition to using the various 3D editing commands.

That's what I get for not having that cup of coffee first. DulifRi ....

....and you have responded to a very old thread. A thread that even the OP didn't care to respond to, for clarification of the true design intent.

1st time posts by both. (and so far - only posts by both)

Gosh, the forum police are out in full force today. Guess I'll have to be more circumspect in the future.

Yes, I responded to a post that was brought back into the light of day by DulifRi. For that I apologize profusely. Do you want to personally march me over to the stocks or shall I just go over on my own? I think I've memorized the way.