Using LiveText 2.0 in 2000i and 2012 AutoCAD

jrt

Here is my problem – I work at a company that has used autocad 2000i, since 2000. We use a software called “LiveText 2.0” (since 2000) to update a “date, time, user” text string in the format, whenever the drawing is saved. We now have autocad 2012 and it will not write to the “LiveText” text string when saved. I have followed the setup used for the 2000i systems to no avail. Has anyone even heard of “LiveText” or come across this problem? Thanks.

I do not doubt that, but I am not even sure "what" or "how", "LiveText" is passing information to update the text string. I think the "what" and or "how" would have to be known first. Everyone used it when I got here and no one ever thought about debriefing the originator before they let him go. I have the problem covered for new 2012 drawings on new formats, but nothing for 2000i legacy drawings, as they are opened and saved in 2012.