• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Quick Karl

• MSasu

• Lee Mac

• marko_ribar

Does this happen whenever you open a drawing? Or only on the Application opening?

To determine the source of the error:

• Open a new drawing

• Type VLIDE to open the Visual LISP IDE

• In the VLIDE, go to Debug > Break on Error (ticked)

• Leave VLIDE open and open another new drawing in AutoCAD

• Assuming the error has occurred, go to VLIDE window > Debug > Last Break Source

• The erroneous code should be highlighted in the VLIDE window.

• To reset the environment, in the VLIDE, go to Debug > Reset to Top Level

• Untick Break on Error.

OK your plan worked! I did what you said and closed and opened a drawing and it was a line in my accaddoc.lsp -- deleted, error gone. The only thing in acaddoc.lsp nw is (vl-load-com)

But some of the lisp programs still are not working... the reason this is making me mental is because they were working on this very machine with the very same software only a lil over a week ago before I reloaded everything. Just ticks me off.

Lee,

I have seen your website and seeing as how I am flat broke and going back to school because my first career evaporated with the economic rape of the country, I probably could not afford to retain your services to rewrite a few tools, but how do I find out what it might cost just for the sake of knowing?

Presuming I might have to describe what I would like – these are the tools I have now that no longer work – but they did, only a week ago:

A Layer List tool that I can select a layer, or layers, (from a layer list file that I can edit separately – currently a coma delimited text file), and will import and make current the selected layer (or the first layer of multiple layer selections). Click icon, a dialog opens and I can scroll through a list and make a selection, click ok and that layer is created and current – used to work like a charm.

A text tool that lets me select either (one of four icons) TF (textf - fine) TS(texts - small) TM (textm -medium) TL (textl -large), or TT (ttext - title). Inserts the text at the appropriate height relative to the current drawing scale (text m will plot at 3/32” height relative to the scale you are currently working in), and on the intended layer, even if that layer doesn’t already exist in the drawing (currently, or formerly, I had to define the text stylef or each, manually, beforehand)

Lastly, a dimension tool bar that inserts any of the typical dimensions at the right scale relative to the current drawing scale, and on the right layer regardless of the current layer. No annoying multiple dimstyles orthe monotony of changing the dimscale for a different drawing scale – used to work like a charm!

All of these aforementioned tools worked based on a drawing setup tool that I havethat, IS a part of this tool package, and surprisingly IS currently the only thing working – the drawing setup program would let me select a drawing scale (i.e. ¼”=1’-0”) from a predefined list of scales, and lets me select the 'set Auto Ltscale to 1 in Layouts' and lets me select to set the' ltscale to dimscalex1', transparently so the the Ltscale changes WITH the drawing scale.

These tools might seem unnecessary but the work fantastic when you are working for a client that wants multiple layouts and all require different drawing scales depending on the scope of a wall elevation or detail size.

I hope I haven’t taken up too much of your time or broken any forum rules which I admit I have not read.

Thank you

Edited by Quick Karl

Well.... once again, I have NO FRICKEN IDEA what I did, but its all working again...

Go fricken figure.

Now if ONLY there was a way to SAVE EVERY AUTOCAD SETTING in ONE FILE...

That save all on the SYSVDLG is a nice tool, good to have a backup of your favorite system variable settings, just in case. I saw it for the first time last week, much easier than trying to remember what you've changed, should you find yourself wanting to step back in time.